Recently, Google finalized their next Android Version named Android Marshmallow but only rolled out the update to devices like the Nexus 5/6/9 and the Android One devices along with the new Nexus 5X and 6P. Therefore many users are still waiting to get the update on their devices, including OnePlus One owners.
Thus, we are here explaining on How To Flash the Custom ROM on your own OnePlus One.
The Process :
- Make sure that your OnePlus One is rooted.
- Make sure you have the latest updated drivers.
- Enable USB Debugging (Go to Settings – About Device – Tap on Build Number 7 times to enable developer options. Go back to Settings – Developer Options – USB Debugging)
- Make sure you have at least 80% battery left on your device.
- Download T.W.R.P. 2.8.6 and Android 6.0 AOSP ROM
- Copy the files to the root directory of your OnePlus One.
- Turn Off your device.
- Hold the Power and the Volume Down key at the same time to boot into the Recovery mode.
- Factory Reset your device through TWRP (Tap on Wipe and Swipe to confirm)
- Go back and select the AOSP ROM.
- Swipe to confirm flash.
- Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache after the flashing is completed.
- Go back and Tap on Reboot System.
Be patient as the First Boot may take a couple of minutes.
If everything went well, you will have Android Marshmallow running on your OnePlus One! Congratulations!
To check, go to Settings – About Device and you will see Android 6.0 instead of your current Android Version. If you have any queries regarding Android Marshmallow 6.0 on your OnePlus One, feel free to comment down below!
Also don’t forget to share this with your friends if it worked!